Programs & Events
The University Museums host lectures, gallery talks and family programs throughout the year, in conjunction with current exhibitions or to highlight research on works from the permanent collection. All events are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted.
- University Museums Family DayApr021:00 PM - 3:00 PMJoin us for a FREE arts-centered family fun day with hands-on activities, exhibitions, refreshments, and story time. Open to the public.
- College Night at the MuseumApr058:00 PM - 10:00 PMFree and open to University students! Enjoy refreshments, entertainment, and art!
- Video FestivalApr066:00 PM - 8:00 PMVideo Festival organized by Jeremy Drummond, Associate Professor of Art and Chair, Department of Art and Art History, University of Richmond, and co-curated with students enrolled in the 2016 Fall Semester Independent Film and Video: Curatorial Practice and Presentation course taught by Professor Drummond. In conjunction with the exhibition "Crooked Data: (Mis)Information in Contemporary... Continue reading
- Idea Lounge- DataApr1212:00 PM - 12:45 PMDiscussion on the topic of "data" with University faculty and staff: Rob Nelson, Director, Digital Scholarship Lab, Tom Roberts, Assistant Vice President, Recreation and Wellness, and Meghan Rosatelli, Adjunct Lecturer of American Studies, and Part Time Instructor, Art. Presented in the exhibition "Crooked Data: (Mis)Information in Contemporary Art." Free and open to the public.
- CEROODK AATD 2: Student VideosApr136:00 PM - 8:00 PMA screening of student videos on the theme of Crooked Data. Students produced work in the fall 2016 class "Independent Film and Video: Curatorial Practice and Presentation." Program in conjunction with the exhibition "Crooked Data: (Mis)Information in Contemporary Art." Free and open to the public.
- Museum Story TimeApr302:00 PM - 2:45 PMReading from David Goldin's book "Meet Me at the Museum," followed by an art activity. Free and open to the public, reservations recommended.