Rodin, The Human Experience: Selections from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor CollectionsOpening August 17, 2016
Night and Day the River Flows: Waterscapes from the Harnett Print Study Center CollectionOpening August 17, 2016
The Beauties: Print Series by Willie ColeOpening August 17, 2016
Unseen Pompeii: The Photographs of William WylieOpening September 16, 2016
Visions from the Other Side: Works by Nicholas RoerichOpening October 5, 2016
Harnett Museum and Lora Robins Gallery Closed for Summer Break
The University Museums are closed for summer break. We will reopen Wednesday, August 17 at 1 p.m.
The Joel and Lila Harnett Museum of Art, Print Study Center and the Lora Robins Gallery of Design from Nature
- The Museums will be closed for summer break May 14 through August 16, 2016
- Please visit the Planning Your Visit page for more information.
In the News
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, Feb. 17, 2016
- Style Weekly, Feb. 2, 2016
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, Nov. 29, 2015
- Style Weekly, Sept. 15, 2015
Events & Programming
- Rodin Lecture and Piano DuetAug246:00 PM - 8:30 PMPiano Duet by Joanne Kong and Paul Hanson, faculty, Department of Music, University of Richmond, and Rodin lecture by... Continue reading
- Rodin Exhibition Walk-ThroughAug2511:00 AM - 11:30 AMJudith Sobol, Executive Director of the Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Foundation, will present a walk-through the... Continue reading
- Lora Robins Gallery Open HouseAug261:00 PM - 3:00 PMCome to the Lora Robins Gallery of Design from Nature for an open house! Explore the museum's diverse collection... Continue reading
- Camille Claudel (France)Sep093:00 PM - 9:30 PM(Dir. Bruno Nuytten, France, 1988) ... Continue reading
- Camille Claudel (France)Sep117:30 PM - 9:30 PM(Dir. Bruno Nuytten, France, 1988) ... Continue reading
Museums & Arts Stories
Tell Me a Story
Museum studies seminar exhibition invites visitors to contribute their own stories behind the artwork.
Emily Whitted, '16
“People follow their passions all the time, but I think mine gets stereotyped for being something that grandmothers do," says Emily Whitted, ′16. "I just needed a push, someone to say, ‘That’s not silly.’”
Students from the spring 2015 Busing in America course conducted interviews and collected photographs and artifacts to build an exhibit on the history of public transit in Richmond.
Jennifer Cable’s new class equips students with the tools they need to build a successful career in music.