Turtles in Time: from Fossils to the PresentOn view February 2 to December 8, 2017
Crooked Data: (mis) information in Contemporary ArtOn view February 9 to May 5, 2017
HPSC@15: A Celebration of the Joel and Lila Harnett Print Study CenterOn view through April 14, 2017
Night and Day the River Flows: Waterscapes from the Harnett Print Study Center CollectionOn view through July 2, 2017
Shanghai Passages: "Longtang Photographs by Gong Jianhua
Sonata: Print Series by Nam June PaikOn view January 9 to July 2, 2017
Welcome to the Joel and Lila Harnett Museum of Art, Harnett Print Study Center, and the Lora Robins Gallery of Design from Nature
• Admission is always free.
• The Museums are open Sunday through Friday, 1 to 5 p.m.
• View current, upcoming, and past exhibitions.
• Visit Planning Your Visit to make the most of your time at the University Museums.
• Learn more about Programs and Events in conjunction with exhibitions.
• Discover the University Museums permanent collection.
Events & Programs
- Teacher Open HouseMar084:00 PM - 7:00 PMTeacher Open House, free and open to k-12 teachers and homeschool educators. In conjunction with the exhibition "Crooked... Continue reading
- Artists' ConversationMar156:00 PM - 8:00 PMArtists' conversation with Eric Rodenbeck, Founder, CEO, and Creative Director, Stamen Design, San Francisco; and... Continue reading
- Sustainability and Art- gallery talkMar1612:00 PM - 12:45 PMGallery talk presented by Tiffany Holmes, artist and Dean of Undergraduate Studies, School of the Art Institute of... Continue reading
- University Museums Family DayApr021:00 PM - 3:00 PMJoin us for a FREE arts-centered family fun day with hands-on activities, exhibitions, refreshments, and story time.... Continue reading
- College Night at the MuseumApr058:00 PM - 10:00 PMFree and open to University students! Enjoy refreshments, entertainment, and art!
- Video FestivalApr066:00 PM - 8:00 PMVideo Festival organized by Jeremy Drummond, Associate Professor of Art and Chair, Department of Art and Art History,... Continue reading
- Idea Lounge- DataApr1212:00 PM - 12:45 PMDiscussion on the topic of "data" with University faculty and staff: Rob Nelson, Director, Digital Scholarship Lab, Tom... Continue reading
- CEROODK AATD 2: Student VideosApr136:00 PM - 8:00 PMA screening of student videos on the theme of Crooked Data. Students produced work in the fall 2016 class "Independent... Continue reading
- Museum Story TimeApr302:00 PM - 2:45 PMReading from David Goldin's book "Meet Me at the Museum," followed by an art activity.... Continue reading
UR Museums on Facebook
- Did you know that the museums have art all over campus? Here is a map showing which buildings hold our Art on Campus collection. Breakdown of the buildings: Boatwright Library - BB1, Main Floor, & Second Floor Tyler Haynes Commons - CDC Robins School of Business T.C. Williams School of Law Modlin Center - Hallways, Outside PSC and foyer, Box Office Heilman Dining Center Booker Hall Jepson Alumni Center
- Did you know that our Museum hosts a monthly Story Time for Children? Join us Feb. 26 for a reading from Susan Verdes' book "The Museum" followed by an art activity. Participation is free and reservations are encouraged (email@example.com).
- Brooke Inman's "Neighborhood Cat Watch" documents feral cats living in the Battery Park neighborhood, Richmond. Stop by the "Crooked Data: (Mis) Information in Contemporary Art" exhibition to discover more about the artist's perspective of the lives of cats living in this historic district. Brooke Inman Battery Park Civic Association University of Richmond VCUarts
- Our "Turtles in Time" exhibition was a big hit for the 480+ children from Big Sky Fund! Learn more about our tours and K-12 Educational Resources http://bit.ly/2ku2vsM
- Don't miss this weekend's 12th annual ChinaFest events! Keynote address this evening, film screenings all weekend, ChinaFest! Year of the Fire Rooster family day at the VMFA Virginia Museum of Fine Arts on Saturday and Shanghai Passages exhibition curator talks on Sunday at University of Richmond Museums. Lots to see and do all weekend long!
- It's here! Crooked Data is now open! Come by anytime Sunday-Friday from 1-5pm. We have many interactive exhibits and interesting representations of data. To get an inside look follow us on our social media @urmuseums
UR Museums on YouTube
Robins alumnus making a difference in first year out of school
Students polished their networking skills in annual Q-camp
Robins students traveled to Philadelphia for AKPsi.
Alumni continue to connect with University through their careers
David Leonard and Austin Leach use time for childcare and classes
2016-17 Jepson Leadership Forum hosts bestselling author and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
Jepson alumnus earns Bronze Star Medal following combat deployment to Iraq
Richmond entrepreneur hosts MBA students for design discussion
Dr. Adam Marquardt introduces students to real world of sports marketing.
Katherine Rockwell, '17, spent summer 2016 on the field.
Kelly Power, '17, hosted a branding workshop for current students.
Triple major combined three unlikely subjects while studying abroad in Freiburg, Germany